Jump to Main Content
- Buch, Andressa Cristhy; Sisinno, Cristina Lúcia Silveira; Correia, Maria Elizabeth Fernandes; Silva-Filho, Emmanoel Vieira
- The Science of the total environment 2018 v.633 pp. 1173-1182
- Trigoniulus lumbricinus, etc ; Inga edulis; animals; bioaccumulation factor; biomass; cellulose; digestive system; ecotoxicology; exoskeleton; food choices; forest ecosystems; guidelines; human health; ingestion; leaf morphology; leaves; lignin; mercuric chloride; mercury; mortality; nutritive value; palatability; pollution; soil; toxicity; Show all 25 Subjects
- ... Worldwide, various guidelines and directives for human health and the environment aim to reduce anthropogenic mercury (Hg) emission. Forest ecosystems are natural sinks of this element, transferring it from the atmosphere to litter and soil. Millipedes play an important role in litter/soil and may be negatively affected by contamination. As a pioneering contribution to ecotoxicological test guidel ...
- da Silva Correia, Dayana; Passos, Samuel Ribeiro; Proença, Diogo Neves; Morais, Paula Vasconcelos; Xavier, Gustavo Ribeiro; Correia, Maria Elizabeth Fernandes
- Applied soil ecology 2018 v.131 pp. 38-46
- Trigoniulus lumbricinus, etc ; Actinobacteria; Bacteroidetes; Buttiauxella; Enterobacter; Kluyvera; Pantoea; Pycnoscelus surinamensis; Serratia; bacteria; bacterial communities; carbon; denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis; detritivores; developmental stages; diet; intestinal microorganisms; intestines; molecular cloning; nitrogen; organic matter; phylogeny; polymerase chain reaction; prokaryotic cells; ribosomal DNA; sequence analysis; soil ecosystems; soil invertebrates; Show all 28 Subjects
- ... Interactions between saprophagous invertebrates and microbes are essential for the maintenance and functioning of soil ecosystems, as they directly affect the degradation of organic matter and the nutrient cycle. The intestinal tract of invertebrates is inhabited by a diversity of microbes, and it is closely associated with the food ingested. The aim of this work was to evaluate the profile of pro ...