Jump to Main Content
- Tsen, Adam W., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2013 v.110 no.28 pp. 11256-11260
- electric field; electron microscopy; energy; graphene; heat; mechanical properties; topology
- ... Bilayer graphene has been a subject of intense study in recent years. The interlayer registry between the layers can have dramatic effects on the electronic properties: for example, in the presence of a perpendicular electric field, a band gap appears in the electronic spectrum of so-called Bernal-stacked graphene [Oostinga JB, et al. (2007) Nature Materials 7:151–157]. This band gap is intimately ...
- PubMed Central:
- Tsen, Adam W., et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Science 2012 v.336 no.6085 pp. 1143-1146
- electrical conductivity; graphene; transmission electron microscopy; vapors
- ... Graphene produced by chemical vapor deposition (CVD) is polycrystalline, and scattering of charge carriers at grain boundaries (GBs) could degrade its performance relative to exfoliated, single-crystal graphene. However, the electrical properties of GBs have so far been addressed indirectly without simultaneous knowledge of their locations and structures. We present electrical measurements on indi ...