Jump to Main Content
- Tsukada, Mana, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of food science and technology 2016 v.53 no.7 pp. 3020-3027
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Candida albicans; Pseudomonas aeruginosa; Staphylococcus aureus; antibacterial properties; antifungal properties; cell viability; free radical scavengers; hydrogen peroxide; hydroxyl radicals; irradiation; lees; polyphenols; winemaking
- ... Wine lees, a major waste product of winemaking, is a rich source of polyphenolic compounds. LED-light irradiation at 400-nm elicited microbicidal activity of aqueous extract from wine lees (WLE) against Staphylococcus aureus, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, and Candida albicans, in addition to reactive oxygen species (ROS) formation, including hydroxyl radical (·OH) and hydrogen peroxide (H₂O₂). Although ...
- PubMed Central:
- Tsukada, Mana, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of functional foods 2014 v.7 pp. 487-494
- Bacteroidetes; Coix lacryma-jobi; Oriental traditional medicine; humans; intestinal microorganisms; placebos
- ... Adlay has been used as a traditional Chinese medicine and nutrient for its beneficial effects on bowel movements and skin care. This study examined the effect of enzymatic degradation product of adlay, “Super Hatomugi” (SPH) on human skin and the intestinal flora in a randomized, double-blind placebo-controlled study. The subjects were divided into three groups: 500mg SPH, 1000mg SPH, and placebo, ...