Jump to Main Content
- Tsukui, Takayuki, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Analytical chemistry 2019 v.91 no.7 pp. 4466-4471
- droplets; mammals; mass spectrometry; microextraction; packaging; phosphatidylcholines; solvents; triacylglycerols
- ... The analysis of lipid droplets (LDs) by mass spectrometry at the single LD level is still an analytical challenge. In this work, we developed a novel technique termed in-tip solvent microextraction mass spectrometry for the separation and profiling of phosphatidylcholines and triglycerides within a single LD. This method has been successfully used to analyze LDs in mammalian cells and to compare t ...
- Tsukui, Takayuki, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2011 v.91 no.7 pp. 1166-1174
- blood glucose; fatty acids; heat production; insulin resistance; macroalgae; mitochondria; noninsulin-dependent diabetes mellitus; obesity; oxidation; proteins; secretion; therapeutics; white adipose tissue
- ... Obesity and type 2 diabetes are pathologies with rapidly growing prevalence throughout the world. A few molecular targets offer the most hope for anti-obesity and anti-diabetic therapeutics. One of the keys to success will be the induction of uncoupling protein 1 (UCP1) in abdominal white adipose tissue (WAT) and the regulation of cytokine secretions from both abdominal adipose cells and macrophag ...