Jump to Main Content
- Tu, Yuan-chao, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Clinical nutrition 2019
- adults; body mass index; lifestyle; nutrition risk assessment; obesity; odds ratio; regression analysis; visceral fat; waist circumference; waist-to-hip ratio
- ... Obesity and arterial stiffness are both independently associated with cardiovascular risk. New anthropometric indices can better reflect abdominal obesity than traditional anthropometric indices. Thus, we hypothesized that compared with conventional parameters, these newly developed anthropometric parameters were more accurate to identify arterial stiffness among overweight and obesity population. ...
- Tu, Yuan-chao, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Nutrition 2019 v.57 pp. 194-201
- adults; confidence interval; diabetes; hypertension; insulin resistance; interleukin-6; lifestyle; metabolic syndrome; odds ratio; overweight; regression analysis; tumor necrosis factor-alpha; waist circumference
- ... A body shape index (ABSI) and body roundness index (BRI) were reported to predict diabetes and hypertension in general population, but their validity was regularly questioned. The aim of this study was to evaluate whether ABSI and BRI are the best anthropometric indices to reflect metabolic syndrome (MetS), insulin resistance (IR), and inflammatory factors in obese and overweight Chinese adults.Cr ...