Jump to Main Content
- Tuda, Arthur Omondi, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Environmental science & policy 2019 v.100 pp. 238-246
- biodiversity; biodiversity conservation; climate change; collaborative management; environmental science; governance; government agencies; issues and policy; marine protected areas; social capital; social networks; Kenya; Tanzania
- ... Marine protected areas (MPAs) remain central to the conservation of marine biodiversity, but enhancing their resilience under climate change require that organizations managing them are able to adapt. Social factors like institutions can affect organizational capacities to adapt to climate change. Yet our knowledge about how different institutional designs for protected areas affect management ada ...
- Tuda, Arthur Omondi, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Ocean & coastal management 2017 v.140 pp. 11-21
- Arecaceae; aquacultural and fisheries equipment; attitudes and opinions; baits; beaches; charcoal; data collection; decision making; developing countries; ecosystem services; experts; fuelwood; land cover; land use; poverty; questionnaires; sand; seafoods; streams; surface water; sustainable development; vegetation types; Kenya
- ... The concept of ecosystem services (ES) and its application in natural resources management decision making is a new conservation paradigm. A better understanding of ES in resource-rich developing countries can contribute to poverty alleviation and sustainable development, while at the same time conserving natural resources. This study assessed the flow of ES in Mida Creek, a marine reserve in Keny ...