Jump to Main Content
- Tuohimetsä, S., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Acta horticulturae 2019 no.1234 pp. 225-232
- Rubus arcticus; Rubus idaeus; acclimation; buds; cold; cryopreservation; cultivars; culture media; freezing; hybrids; meristems; raspberries; shoot tips; strawberries; sucrose; vitrification; Finland
- ... The goal of this study was to test a cryopreservation method for arctic bramble (Rubus arcticus ssp. arcticus) and hybrid arctic bramble (Rubus arcticus ssp. arcticus × Rubus arcticus ssp. stellatus) and to proceed to the long-term cryopreservation of the mandate arctic brambles collections at Natural Resources Institute Finland (Luke). The droplet-vitrification cryopreservation method has been su ...
- Tuohimetsa, S., et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Acta horticulturae 2011 no.891 pp. 59-65
- Phytophthora cactorum; Pythium; chemical control; composting; composts; crown rot; cucumbers; cultivars; disease control; organic matter; pesticide resistance; plant pathogens; poultry manure; pulp and paper mills; raw materials; sewage sludge; soil conditioners; soil fertility; strawberries; suppressive soils; water holding capacity
- ... Compost can be considered as a soil conditioner that contributes to soil fertility, structure, porosity, organic matter, water holding capacity, and suppression of soil borne disease in plants. Disease suppression by composts is a fairly recently established alternative use of composts. The interest in suppressive composts has increased due to concern over pesticide use, increasing pesticide resis ...