Jump to Main Content
- Turchi, Marília Dalva, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Medical mycology case reports 2019 v.26 pp. 64-66
- Cryptococcus neoformans; HIV infections; antigens; blood serum; case studies; cerebrospinal fluid; clinical examination; false negative results; mycoses; patients
- ... The detection of cryptococcal capsular antigen (CrAg) is very sensitive and specific, however false-negative results have been reported, mostly in cerebrospinal fluid. We report the case of an HIV-infected patient with CD4 = 42 cells/mL, asthenic, negative serum CrAg lateral flow assay (LFA) and culture-proven cryptococcaemia. Despite the high accuracy of LFA, false-negative result is possible. Ca ...
- PubMed Central:
- Turchi, Marilia Dalva, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Clinical nutrition 2017 v.36 pp. 680-685
- Bifidobacterium; HIV infections; Human immunodeficiency virus; Lactobacillus; adults; antiretroviral agents; constipation; diarrhea; diet therapy; flatulence; fructooligosaccharides; gastrointestinal system; indigestion; lifestyle; maltodextrins; nausea; patients; placebos; quality of life; randomized clinical trials; vomiting
- ... Gastrointestinal symptoms are among the most frequent reported complaints by people living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA). Treatments that aim to attenuate these symptoms are important to avoid low adherence to antiretroviral therapy and to improve the quality of life. This study aimed to evaluate the effectiveness of nutritional treatment and synbiotic use in PLWHA on reducing gastrointestinal symptom ...