Jump to Main Content
- Uhey, Derek A., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Experimental & applied acarology 2019 v.77 no.2 pp. 117-131
- Hylurgus ligniperda; Ips sexdentatus; Orthotomicus erosus; Pinus pinaster; Pinus pinea; acarology; bark beetles; community structure; coniferous forests; forest ecosystems; mites; trees; Portugal
- ... The phoretic mite communities of prominent bark beetle pests associated with pine stands of southern Portugal were sampled to determine whether they vary across bark beetle species and stand type. Bark beetles were sampled for mites from two primary (aggressive) bark beetle species (Ips sexdentatus and Orthotomicus erosus) and the most common secondary species (Hylurgus ligniperda) in maritime pin ...
- Uhey, Derek A., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Animal behaviour 2018 v.146 pp. 51-61
- Macaca; animal behavior; cohesion; decision making; females; social behavior; social networks; structural equation modeling; China
- ... Social organisms make collective decisions during group movement, thereby remaining cohesive and providing the ecological and evolutionary benefits of sociality. The ability for groups to make successful collective decisions is dependent on relationships between leaders and followers. We investigated how consistent followers (a fan structure) facilitated successful group movement in a group of Tib ...