Jump to Main Content
- Umgelter, Andreas, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of Zhejiang University 2018 v.19 no.7 pp. 515-524
- liver failure; monitoring; pancreatitis; patients; pneumonia; prediction; prospective studies; sepsis (infection)
- ... BACKGROUND AND OBJECTIVE: Stroke volume variation (SVV) has high sensitivity and specificity in predicting fluid responsiveness. However, sinus rhythm (SR) and controlled mechanical ventilation (CV) are mandatory for their application. Several studies suggest a limited applicability of SVV in intensive care unit (ICU) patients. We hypothesized that the applicability of SVV might be different over ...
- Umgelter, Andreas, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Infection, genetics, and evolution 2012 v.12 no.2 pp. 461-466
- Norovirus; amino acids; capsid; evolutionary adaptation; gastroenteritis; genes; genetic variation; genotype; immunity; mutation; patients; risk
- ... Norovirus has become an important cause for infectious gastroenteritis. Particularly genotype II.4 (GII.4) has been shown to spread rapidly and causes worldwide pandemics. Emerging new strains evade population immunity and lead to high norovirus prevalence. Chronic infections have been described recently and will become more prevalent with increasing numbers of immunocompromized patients. Here, we ...