Jump to Main Content
- Upton, K.A., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Environmental modelling & software 2019 v.118 pp. 48-60
- aquifers; chalk; equations; groundwater; hydraulic conductivity; models; water table
- ... Reliable estimates of the sustainable yield of supply boreholes are critical to ensure that groundwater resources are managed sustainably. Sustainable yields are dependent on the pumped groundwater level in a borehole, how this relates to vertical aquifer heterogeneity, and features of the borehole itself. This paper presents a 3D radial flow model (SPIDERR), based on the Darcy-Forchheimer equatio ...
- Upton, K.A., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Hydrological processes 2011 v.25 no.12 pp. 1949-1963
- chalk; cluster analysis; floods; groundwater; group process; high water table; hydrologic models; principal component analysis; rain; simulation models; watersheds; England
- ... This article presents the development of a relatively low cost and rapidly applicable methodology to simulate the spatio-temporal occurrence of groundwater flooding in chalk catchments. In winter 2000/2001 extreme rainfall resulted in anomalously high groundwater levels and groundwater flooding in many chalk catchments of northern Europe and the southern United Kingdom. Groundwater flooding was ex ...