Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: usman?
- Usmani, Abul, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Cell and tissue research 2018 v.371 no.2 pp. 351-363
- DNA microarrays; Sertoli cells; cell division; follicle-stimulating hormone; germ cells; infancy; male fertility; males; mice; monkeys; puberty; spermatogenesis; testosterone; transcriptome; transgenic animals
- ... Testicular Sertoli cells make a niche for the division and differentiation of germ cells. Sertoli cells respond to increased follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) and testosterone (T) levels at the onset of puberty by producing paracrine factors which affect germ cells and trigger robust onset of spermatogenesis. Such paracrine support to germ cells is absent during infancy, despite Sertoli cells bei ...
- Usmani, Abul, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of biotechnology 2015 v.198 pp. 53-59
- buffaloes; recombinant DNA; epithelial cells; biopharmaceuticals; milk; epithelium; promoter regions; genetically modified organisms; bioreactors; gene expression; remediation; buffalo milk; mammary glands; patients; introns; females; humans; transcription (genetics); mice; transfection; exons; green fluorescent protein; beta-casein; lactation; microorganisms; body fluids; milk production; cost effectiveness
- ... Therapeutic proteins are produced in microbes, mammalian cell lines, and body fluids by applying recombinant DNA technology. They are required for compensating the deficiency of essential proteins in patients. Animal bioreactors producing such valuable bio-pharmaceuticals in body fluids have lately emerged as efficient and cost-effective expression systems. Promoters, along with other regulatory e ...