Jump to Main Content
- Utom, Ahamefula U., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Environmental science and pollution research international 2019 v.26 no.16 pp. 15754-15766
- bioprocessing; case studies; chemical concentration; cost effectiveness; geophysics; groundwater; hydrogeology; mathematical models; microbiology; monitoring; nitrates; risk assessment; solutes; stable isotopes; surveys; wells
- ... Traditional site characterization and laboratory testing methods are insufficient to quantify and conceptualize subsurface contaminant source-pathway-receptor heterogeneity issues, as they hamper groundwater risk assessment and water resource management using mathematical modeling. To address these issues, we propose an adaptive observation-based conceptual site modeling framework, which emphasize ...
- Utom, Ahamefula U., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Appl Water Sci 2013 v.3 no.1 pp. 271-283
- adsorption; anions; bicarbonates; calcium; cations; coal; drainage; groundwater; hydrogeochemistry; iron; magnesium; manganese; minerals; nitrates; potassium; sodium; water quality; Nigeria
- ... Hydrogeochemical assessments were carried out in the vicinity of Okpara coal and Obwetti fireclay mines, Enugu, Nigeria to investigate the hydrogeochemical characteristics and constituents of shallow groundwater. A total of 12 representative shallow groundwater samples were collected and analyzed for major cations and anions as well as trace metals like Fe and Mn. Distribution of major ions in the ...