Jump to Main Content
- Utratna, Marta, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Trees 2018 v.32 no.5 pp. 1253-1266
- absorption; contact angle; deciduous forests; droplets; forest plants; hydrologic cycle; leaves; pesticides; plant pathogens; pollutants; shrubs; summer; temperate zones; trees; wettability
- ... KEY MESSAGE: Leaf CA measurement should take into account angle variation during measurement time. Leaf wettability of common deciduous forest plants is characterized by wetting contact angles ranging from 60° to 140° with a significant variation between species of the same family. Leaf wettability is an important phenomenon that has an influence on several processes such as the hydrological cycle ...
- Utratna, Marta, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Applied and environmental microbiology 2011 v.77 no.21 pp. 7841-7845
- Listeria monocytogenes; genes; monitoring; pathogens; stress response
- ... The osmotic activation of sigma B (ÏB) in Listeria monocytogenes was studied by monitoring expression of four known ÏB-dependent genes, opuCA, lmo2230, lmo2085, and sigB. Activation was found to be rapid, transient, and proportional to the magnitude of the osmotic stress applied, features that underpin the adaptability of this pathogen. ...
- PubMed Central: