Jump to Main Content
- Vacharangkura, Tosporn, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Forests 2016 v.7 no.2
- Acrisols; Tectona grandis; bentonite; charcoal; corn cobs; growth traits; leaf water potential; pH; phosphorus; photosynthesis; plant organs; potassium; root growth; sandy soils; seedling growth; seedlings; water content; water holding capacity; water stress; Thailand
- ... When teak (Tectona grandis L. f.) is planted on acrisols in Northeast Thailand, its growth is suppressed by low pH, infertility, and low water holding capacity. To examine materials capable of increasing water holding capacity in soil and improving teak growth, we conducted an experiment with teak seedlings. We selected bentonite, charcoal, and corncob and added these materials at a rate of 4% to ...
- Vacharangkura, Tosporn, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Forest ecology and management 2009 v.257 no.2 pp. 644-652
- tree growth; forest trees; Eucalyptus camaldulensis; spatial distribution; Hopea; forest thinning; indigenous species; ecological restoration; forest plantations; Acacia auriculiformis; stand basal area; tree mortality; Senna siamea; Thailand
- ... We tested the effects of species and spacing of nurse trees on the growth of Hopea odorata, a dipterocarp tree indigenous to Southeast Asia, in a two-storied forest management system in northeast Thailand. Eucalyptus camaldulensis, Acacia auriculiformis, and Senna siamea were planted as nurse trees in 1987 at spacings of 4mx8m, 2mx8m, 4mx4m, and 2mx4m in the Sakaerat Silvicultural Research Station ...