Jump to Main Content
- Valsesia, P., et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Acta horticulturae 2017 no.1160 pp. 61-68
- Malus domestica; carbon; cultivars; horticulture; peaches; plant architecture; plant growth; shoots; simulation models; trees
- ... Plant growth highly depends on the carbon allocation which results from combined effects of environment, horticultural practices and management. QualiTree has been demonstrated to be a useful model to simulate carbon allocation in peach trees. The objective of this study was to adapt QualiTree to apple trees to simulate carbon economy and organ growth dynamics as well as their within-tree variabil ...
- Valsesia, P., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Acta horticulturae 2016 no.1130 pp. 193-198
- cultivars; data collection; deficit irrigation; dry matter content; fructose; fruit quality; fruiting; global change; glucose; growers; horticulture; irrigation management; models; parasites; peaches; plant architecture; sweetness; water stress
- ... QualiTree is a generic fruit tree object-based model in which the effects of management practices on the development of fruit quality are explicitly modelled. It considers a large range of fruit quality traits important for growers, retailers and consumers, including: fruit size, the proportion of total mass consisting of fruit flesh, flesh dry matter content, flesh concentrations of various sugar ...