Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: vliet?
- Van Vleet, S.M., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of economic entomology 1998 v.91 no.4 pp. 891-898
- insects; biological development; ambient temperature; estimation; sampling; variance; bias
- ... We conducted simulated experiments to explore how sampling frequency could influence estimates of insect lower developmental thresholds made from field studies. We also investigated how a 9.44 or 18.89 degrees C (17 and 34 degrees F) difference between daily maximum and minimum temperatures and how 2 similar years, 2 dissimilar years, or 6 dissimilar years of temperature data could influence these ...
- Van Vleet, S.M., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Environmental entomology 2002 v.31 no.2 pp. 348
- Chrysomelidae; biological development; eclosion; phenology; heat sums; linear models; computer software; prediction; Euphorbia esula; weed control; biological control; biological control agents; Wyoming; Montana; Minnesota
- ... A field study was conducted to calculate the functional lower developmental threshold and cumulative required degree-days for first emergence of adult Aphthona nigriscutis Foudras, a classical biological control agent of the exotic weed leafy spurge Euphorbia esula L. The study was conducted in Wyoming, Montana, and Minnesota from 1991 through 1999 and made use of the computer program, CALFUN (ver ...