Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: jaime?
- VanPelt, Jamie, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Biochimica et biophysica acta 2017 v.1865 no.2 pp. 133-141
- protein conformation; protein degradation; proteins; ubiquitination
- ... The CHIP:Hsp70 complex stands at the crossroads of the cellular protein quality control system. Hsp70 facilitates active refolding of misfolded client proteins, while CHIP directs ubiquitination of misfolded client proteins bound to Hsp70. The direct competition between CHIP and Hsp70 for the fate of misfolded proteins leads to the question: how does the CHIP:Hsp70 complex execute triage decisions ...
- VanPelt, Jamie, et al. Show all 17 Authors
- Biochemistry 2018 v.57 no.35 pp. 5218-5229
- active sites; beta-lactamase; binding sites; carbapenems; cephalosporins; cobalt; crystal structure; histidine; hydrogen bonding; metal ions; spectral analysis; spectroscopy; zinc
- ... In an effort to evaluate whether a recently reported putative metallo-β-lactamase (MβL) contains a novel MβL active site, SPS-1 from Sediminispirochaeta smaragdinae was overexpressed, purified, and characterized using spectroscopic and crystallographic studies. Metal analyses demonstrate that recombinant SPS-1 binds nearly 2 equiv of Zn(II), and steady-state kinetic studies show that the enzyme hy ...