Jump to Main Content
- Vashishtha, Vivek, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Clinical nutrition 2017 v.36 pp. 1231-1238
- Hippophae rhamnoides; adults; antioxidants; beta-carotene; blood; blood pressure; cholesterol; clinical trials; fatty acids; high fat diet; human population; humans; hypercholesterolemia; hypertension; longitudinal studies; males; oral administration; placebos; rats; risk factors; sunflower oil; triacylglycerols; vitamin E
- ... The present study aimed at investigating whether dietary supplementation of seabuckthorn seed oil which is rich in omega fatty acids at an oral dose of 0.75 ml could affect cardiovascular risk factors and reduce hypertension and systolic blood pressure.Toxicological evaluation and efficacy of seabuckthorn seed oil in reducing high fat diet induced dyslipidemia was initially conducted on adult male ...
- Vashishtha, Vivek, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Journal of ethnopharmacology 2016 v.180 pp. 43-53
- Terminalia arjuna; aldosterone; altitude; angiotensin II; atrial natriuretic peptide; bark; blood serum; diuresis; electrolytes; glomerular filtration rate; hypoxia; kidney diseases; laboratory animals; males; oxidative stress; placebos; potassium; rats; renin; sodium; traditional medicine; urine
- ... Terminalia arjuna (Roxb. ex DC.) Wight & Arn. (T. arjuna) has been widely used in the traditional ayurvedic system of medicine as a cardioprotectant and for acute and chronic renal diseases supporting its ethnopharmacological use.The present study aimed at evaluating the diuretic action of an alcoholic extract of T. arjuna and its possible use as a prophylactic to prevent vascular leakage during a ...