Jump to Main Content
- Vasiliadou, Chrisi, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Food biophysics 2019 v.14 no.1 pp. 60-68
- electrostatic interactions; emulsifiers; emulsions; flocculation; in vitro digestion; models; mucins; pH; pepsin; polysorbates; screening; sodium caseinate
- ... In vitro digestion experiments are set-up with emulsions stabilized either with sodium caseinate and/or Tween 20, in the presence of mucin in the simulated GI fluids. The progress of charge alterations, focculation and coalescence are continuously monitored during the emulsions’ translation in the different stages of the model mouth–stomach–intestine cascade. Caseinate-stabilized emulsions become ...
- Vasiliadou, Chrisi, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Food biophysics 2017 v.12 no.4 pp. 433-438
- colloids; diffusivity; droplets; emulsions; fluorescence; liquids; microparticles; mixing; models; mucilages; okra; osmotic pressure; saliva; viscosity
- ... The events occurring during the spontaneous mixing of an okra mucilage-based model liquid food with saliva were recorded, with a focus on the local dynamics of colloidal particles contained therein. An okra mucilage containing fluorescent microsphere probes (assuming the role of model emulsion droplets), was brought into contact with reconstituted saliva on the welled slide of a confocal microscop ...