Jump to Main Content
- Vassiliou, Loukia, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Water 2019 v.11 no.5
- Euphorbia; Frankenia; deficit irrigation; evapotranspiration; green roofs; greywater; rain; semiarid zones; stormwater; survival rate; urban areas; water harvesting; Cyprus
- ... Green roofs can provide various benefits to urban areas, including stormwater retention. However, semi-arid regions are a challenging environment for green roofs as long dry weather periods are met with short but intense rainfall events. This requires green roofs to retain maximum volumes of stormwater, while being tolerant to minimal irrigation supplies. The objectives of this study are (i) to qu ...
- Vassiliou, Loukia, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Plant systematics and evolution 2016 v.302 no.9 pp. 1227-1238
- Anacamptis; amplified fragment length polymorphism; edge effects; gene flow; genetic variation; glaciation; latitude; Cyprus; Estonia; Slovenia; Spain
- ... Populations at the margins of a species’ distribution range are often smaller and more spatially isolated compared to centrally located populations. Therefore, a decline in within-population genetic variation and increased differentiation among populations towards range edges is expected. The edge effect can be enhanced by historical range expansions following glaciations in populations located at ...