Jump to Main Content
- Veloz, Sam, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Ecological applications 2019 v.29 no.2 pp. e01848
- Internet; Landsat; altitude; biodiversity; birds; climatic factors; community structure; drought; environmental impact; forests; global warming; habitats; models; mountains; temperature; tree mortality; wildlife; wildlife management; California
- ... Birds respond rapidly to changes in both habitat and climate conditions and thus are good indicators of the ecological effects of a changing climate, which may include warmer temperatures, changing habitat conditions, and increased frequency and magnitude of extreme events like drought. We investigated how a widespread tree mortality event concurrent with a severe drought influenced the avian comm ...
- Veloz, Sam, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Global ecology and biogeography 2013 v.22 no.6 pp. 760-771
- Fagus; Tsuga; autocorrelation; biogeography; climate; climate change; climate models; data collection; palynology; pollen; trees; variance; North America
- ... AIM: The distributions of many organisms are spatially autocorrelated, but it is unclear whether including spatial terms in species distribution models (SDMs) improves projections of species distributions under climate change. We provide one of the first comparative evaluations of the ability of a purely spatial SDM, a purely non‐spatial SDM and a SDM that combines spatial and environmental inform ...