Jump to Main Content
- Ventura-Aguilar, R.I., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Food chemistry 2018 v.262 pp. 142-149
- Glomerella cingulata; Hibiscus sabdariffa; antifungal properties; antioxidant activity; calyx; chitosan; cinnamon; edible films; essential oils; firmness; fruits; functional foods; mechanical properties; permeability; storage temperature; strawberries; water vapor; weight loss
- ... The antifungal effect of chitosan edible coatings (ChEC) functionalized with cinnamon essential oil and aqueous extract of Roselle calyces on Colletotrichum fragariae growth and physical-chemical, physiological and nutraceutical features of strawberries at 5 and 20 °C were evaluated. ChEC was characterized with respect to its water vapor permeability (WVP) and mechanical properties. Results indica ...
- Ventura-Aguilar, R.I., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + [i.e. und] Technologie 2017 v.79 pp. 437-444
- Pleurotus ostreatus; acetaldehyde; antioxidant activity; cell respiration; citric acid; color; ethanol; firmness; isoascorbic acid; modified atmosphere packaging; preservatives; shelf life; storage conditions; temperature
- ... The aim of this research was to evaluate the effect of sodium erythorbate and citric acid, low temperatures and subsequent storage in modified atmosphere packaging (MAP) on oyster mushroom quality. Firmness, color, total phenolic content, respiration rate and ethanol and acetaldehyde production were evaluated. Oyster mushrooms cv. California were sliced and immersed in two different mixtures of ci ...