Jump to Main Content
- Verma, A. D., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- RSC advances 2016 v.6 no.105 pp. 103471-103477
- activation energy; anisotropy; biomass; byproducts; catalysts; catalytic activity; copper; glycerol; hydrogen; hydrogenation; nanoparticles; nanosilver; p-nitrophenol; particle size
- ... The search for nanomaterials for catalysis of transfer hydrogenation reactions with green hydrogen sources is an important topical issue. In this work we show that anisotropic silver nanoparticles act as efficient catalysts for p-nitrophenol (Nip) reduction with glycerol, a renewable biomass byproduct, as the green hydrogen source. Anisotropic silver nanoparticles (AgNPs) were prepared using polyo ...
- Verma, A. D., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- RSC advances 2016 v.6 no.66 pp. 61927-61933
- X-ray diffraction; catalytic activity; cupric oxide; magnesium oxide; methyl orange; methylene blue; models; nanocomposites; nanoparticles; p-nitrophenol; pollutants; transmission electron microscopy
- ... CuO–MgO nanocomposites were prepared by a solvothermal procedure. Analysis of the X-ray diffraction patterns of the nanoparticle samples showed the formation of minor second phase CuO in addition to MgO as a major phase. On the other hand, TEM images showed CuO minor phase nanoparticles embedded in the MgO matrix. The catalytic properties of these nanomaterials were then investigated with respect ...