Jump to Main Content
- Verrelst, J., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- European journal of agronomy 2013 v.46 pp. 42-52
- absorption; agroecosystems; chlorophyll; crops; cultivars; equations; image analysis; leaf area index; monitoring; physiological state; precision agriculture; remote sensing; satellites; spectrometers; vegetation; wavelengths; Spain
- ... Leaf area index (LAI) is a key biophysical parameter for the monitoring of agroecosystems. Conventional two-band vegetation indices based on red and near-infrared relationships such as the normalized difference vegetation index (NDVI) are well known to suffer from saturation at moderate-to-high LAI values (3–5). To bypass this saturation effect, in this work a robust alternative has been proposed ...
- Verrelst, J., et al. Show all 31 Authors
- Global change biology 2015 v.21 no.12 pp. 4673-4684
- absorption; carbon dioxide; chlorophyll; field experimentation; fluorescence; functional status; image analysis; monitoring; photosynthesis; photosynthetically active radiation; plant stress; prediction; reflectance; remote sensing; seasonal variation; spectral analysis; spectrometers; spectroscopy; uncertainty; vegetation types
- ... Variations in photosynthesis still cause substantial uncertainties in predicting photosynthetic CO₂ uptake rates and monitoring plant stress. Changes in actual photosynthesis that are not related to greenness of vegetation are difficult to measure by reflectance based optical remote sensing techniques. Several activities are underway to evaluate the sun‐induced fluorescence signal on the ground an ...