Jump to Main Content
- Vesely, F.F., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Sedimentary geology 2019 v.379 pp. 97-113
- basins; climate change; coastal plains; estuaries; ground-penetrating radar; prediction; sand; sea level; storms; Brazil
- ... Sub-seismic sand-body characterization depends largely on understanding the heterogeneities observed in outcrops of equivalent depositional settings to subsurface reservoirs (reservoir analogs). Outcrop information, however, rarely covers the whole depositional system. Ground-penetrating radar (GPR), on the other hand, is a powerful tool for the high-resolution visualization of sand-rich deposits ...
- Vesely, F.F., et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Sedimentary geology 2019 v.389 pp. 54-72
- Carboniferous period; basins; clay; deformation; freshwater; glaciation; glaciers; ice; mudstone; paleoclimatology; pellets; potassium; railroads; rubidium; sandstone; silt; weathering; Brazil; Uruguay
- ... Carboniferous glaciogenic strata (Itararé Gp.) in the southernmost Paraná Basin, Brazil exhibit soft-sediment deformation features previously interpreted as glaciotectonism. These sediments were studied in detail to confirm that they were deformed by ice and to assess the nature of the glaciation, depositional environments, and paleoclimate in this region during the Carboniferous. Five outcrops we ...