Jump to Main Content
- Vezza, Mariana E., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Environmental and experimental botany 2019 v.162 pp. 272-282
- Glycine max; aerial parts; antioxidant activity; arsenates; arsenic; arsenites; biomass; cell death; enzyme activity; gas exchange; glutathione; glutathione peroxidase; leaves; photosystem II; roots; soybeans; stress tolerance
- ... Despite soybean (Glycine max L.) is often cultivated in areas contaminated with arsenic (As) which causes deleterious effects on its growth, little is known about tolerance mechanisms in response to As exposure. In particular, glutathione (GSH) (γ-glutamyl-cysteinyl-glycine) has antioxidant properties and is precursor of phytochelatin (PCs) synthesis, thus its role in As-treated plants would be re ...
- Vezza, Mariana E., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Plant physiology and biochemistry 2018 v.123 pp. 8-17
- plant growth; Glycine max; stomatal conductance; sugars; xylem vessels; heavy metals; arsenic; osmotic pressure; arsenites; proline; soybeans; solutes; stress response; crop yield; arsenates; water content; stomata; water uptake
- ... Soybean (Glycine max L.) is often cultivated in areas contaminated with arsenic (As), which negatively affects plant growth and reduces crop yield. The deleterious effects may be due, at least in part, to disturbances in the water status, as was reported for some plants exposed to heavy metals. However, to our knowledge, these mechanisms have not been studied in depth in soybean plants exposed to ...