Jump to Main Content
- Viana, Fernanda M., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of food science 2017 v.82 no.4 pp. 1028-1036
- Oreochromis niloticus; biogenic amines; color; dose response; fatty acid composition; fish fillets; lipid peroxidation; nutritive value; oxidation; oxidative stability; pH; polyunsaturated fatty acids; storage time; ultraviolet radiation
- ... The influence of different ultraviolet (UV‐C) doses (0.103 and 0.305 J/cm²) was investigated by instrumental color parameters, pH, lipid, and protein oxidations, fatty acids (FA) composition and biogenic amines (BAs) in Nile tilapia fillets during 11 d at 4 ± 1 °C. The UV‐C treatment increased (P < 0.05) a* values and protein oxidation in a dose‐dependent manner, and delayed (P < 0.05) the formati ...
- Viana, Fernanda M., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Meat science 2016 v.121 pp. 19-26
- Nellore; beef; bulls; color; discoloration; lipid peroxidation; longissimus muscle; myoglobin; oxidation; oxidative stability; pH; proximate composition; psoas muscles; purebreds; steaks; zebu
- ... The influence of muscle source on color stability of fresh beef from purebred Bos indicus cattle was investigated. Longissimus lumborum (LL) and psoas major (PM) muscles obtained from twelve (n=12) Nellore bull carcasses (24h post-mortem) were fabricated into 2.54-cm steaks, aerobically packaged, and stored at 4°C for nine days. Steaks were analyzed on day 0 for proximate composition and myoglobin ...