Jump to Main Content
- Victoriano, Montserrat, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Phytotherapy research 2019 v.33 no.11 pp. 2904-2917
- Stevia rebaudiana; antineoplastic activity; antioxidants; chemical composition; chemical constituents of plants; clinical trials; glycemic effect; human health; sucrose; therapeutics; Paraguay
- ... Stevia rebaudiana Bertoni, a plant from South America and indigenous of Paraguay, has shown several biological effects and healthy properties, although it is especially used in South America and some Asiatic regions. In addition, it is a natural sweetener, almost 300 times sweeter than sucrose, being attributed to its phytoconstituents prominent antioxidant, antimicrobial, antidiabetic (antihyperg ...
- Victoriano, Montserrat, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Appetite 2008 v.50 no.2-3 pp. 397-407
- carbohydrate intake; weight gain; exercise; energy intake; animal stress; feeding frequency; body weight; males; gender differences; corticosterone; acute effects; protein intake; animal models; feed intake; insulin; rats; fat intake; females; nutrition physiology
- ... The present study investigates the effects of acute stress (15min of swimming/day for three consecutive days) applied at the onset of the dark phase, just before the usual feeding time, on energy intake and more specifically on macronutrient selection, in male and female Wistar rats. The influence of stress regarding corticosterone and insulin kinetics was also examined. In the two experiments (1: ...