Jump to Main Content
- Vieira da Silva Júnior, Edvaldo, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of food engineering 2019 v.262 pp. 1-8
- ascorbic acid; atmospheric pressure; carotenoids; color; energy expenditure; firmness; grapes; mangoes; osmotic treatment; polyphenols; texture; ultrasonic treatment; ultrasonics
- ... The objective of this work was to evaluate the effect of the incorporation of grape residue polyphenols in mango using different impregnation methods. Experiments were performed at atmospheric pressure or vacuum, and with or without performing osmotic treatment and ultrasound. The samples were evaluated after the different impregnation techniques in terms of carotenoids, phenolic compounds, ascorb ...
- Vieira da Silva Júnior, Edvaldo, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + [i.e. und] Technologie 2018 v.97 pp. 317-322
- ascorbic acid; bioactive compounds; carotenoids; color; hardness; texture; ultrasonic treatment; vacuum drying
- ... The aim of this study was to evaluate the combination of ultrasound and vacuum on papaya drying kinetics and some quality parameters. Drying was performed at 60 °C and four techniques were used: ultrasound and vacuum assisted drying (USVD), vacuum drying (VD), ultrasound assisted drying (USD) and control (without ultrasound and vacuum) drying (CD). Fresh and dried samples were evaluated in terms o ...