Jump to Main Content
- Vieira-Pires, Ricardo S., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- International journal of biological macromolecules 2019 v.136 pp. 755-763
- antibodies; chickens; diagnostic techniques; early diagnosis; egg yolk; humans; immunoassays; immunoglobulin G; immunoglobulin Y; immunotherapy; morbidity; mortality; parasites; parasitology; parasitoses
- ... Early diagnosis and treatment of parasitic diseases are indispensable to combat parasites mediated morbidity and mortality in humans and animals. Mammalian sourced antibodies are being successfully used in immunotherapy and immunoassays. However, their increased conservation amongst mammals, involves them in unnecessary interaction and immune mediated pathologies, obstructing their applications in ...
- Vieira-Pires, Ricardo S., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of molecular biology 2012 v.423 no.1 pp. 34-46
- Danio rerio; X-radiation; cyclic nucleotides; mice; potassium; potassium channels; sequence homology
- ... KCNH channels are voltage-gated potassium channels with important physiological functions. In these channels, a C-terminal cytoplasmic region, known as the cyclic nucleotide binding homology (CNB-homology) domain displays strong sequence similarity to cyclic nucleotide binding (CNB) domains. However, the isolated domain does not bind cyclic nucleotides. Here, we report the X-ray structure of the C ...