Jump to Main Content
- Villa, Carla, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Food and bioproducts processing 2019 v.117 pp. 30-37
- ellagic acid; ethanol; gravity; maceration; microwave drying; microwave radiation; microwave treatment; ovens; phenolic compounds; pomegranates; solvents; sustainable technology; ultrasonics; water content
- ... To exploit the full potential of pomegranate marcs, this study explores different conditions of ‘green’ extraction of ellagitannins and other bio-active phenolic compounds from the ‘external by-product’ of pomegranate industrial processing. Significant recoveries of ellagitannins, free ellagic acid and radical scavenging compounds were obtained by coupling both the traditional (MH) or the hydro-di ...
- Villa, Carla, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Food analytical methods 2017 v.10 no.3 pp. 575-586
- Juglans regia; analytical methods; energy; experimental design; gallic acid; male flowers; microwave treatment; models; polyphenols; response surface methodology; seeds; temperature; walnuts
- ... Microwave-assisted extraction was applied to Juglans regia L. fresh male flowers and unripe walnut seeds to evaluate the total phenolic contents of the extracts as well as the percentage of water-soluble polyphenols. The research was planned using the Design of Experiments technique to investigate the role on the extraction efficiency of different parameters, such as temperature, time and number o ...