Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: villa?
- Villar-Torres, Mar, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Parasites & vectors 2019 v.12 no.1 pp. 92
- Sparus aurata; Strigeidae; brain; cercariae; encystment; eyes; fluorescence; fluorescent dyes; gills; head; in vivo studies; intermediate hosts; larvae; marine fish; metacercariae; models; neurons; pathogenicity
- ... BACKGROUND: Despite their complex life-cycles involving various types of hosts and free-living stages, digenean trematodes are becoming recurrent model systems. The infection and penetration strategy of the larval stages, i.e. cercariae, into the fish host is poorly understood and information regarding their entry portals is not well-known for most species. Cardiocephaloides longicollis (Rudolphi, ...
- Villar-Torres, Mar, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Parasites & vectors 2018 v.11 no.1 pp. 558
- Monogenea; Sparus aurata; aquaculture; climate change; environmental impact; hatching; hosts; larval development; pH; pathogens; photoperiod; rain; salinity; temperature; Mediterranean region
- ... BACKGROUND: Evidence concerning the environmental influence on monogenean transmission and infection processes is widely accepted, although only the effects of a limited number of abiotic factors on particular monogenean species have been explored. The current context of climate change calls for further research both on this subject, and also that concerning monogenean hosts, especially in aquacul ...