Jump to Main Content
- Villarroel, M.J., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Ecotoxicology and environmental safety 2016 v.124 pp. 10-17
- Daphnia magna; animals; body length; exposure duration; females; long term effects; longevity; neonates; reproduction; tebuconazole
- ... The effect of the fungicide tebuconazole (0.41, 0.52, 0.71 and 1.14mg/L) on survival, reproduction and growth of Daphnia magna organisms was monitored using 14 and 21 days exposure tests. A third experiment was performed by exposing D. magna to the fungicide for 14 days followed by 7 days of recovery (14+7). In order to test fungicide effects on D. magna, parameters as survival, mean whole body le ...
- Villarroel, M.J., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Science of the total environment 2009 v.407 no.21 pp. 5537-5542
- acaricides; tetradifon; toxicity; chemical concentration; Daphnia magna; aquatic arthropods; animal stress; animal growth; animal reproduction; energy content; energy metabolism; biomarkers; sublethal effects; toxicity testing; environmental exposure
- ... Environmental risk assessment of chemicals toxicity requires the use of costly and labor-intensive chronic data and short-term tests provide additional information. Energy budget is used by the animals for their growth, reproduction, and metabolism and it is reduced in case of toxic stress. Tetradifon acaricide is frequently used in the European Mediterranean region and it is implicated in aquatic ...