Jump to Main Content
- Kamat, Vineet R., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Applied energy 2019 v.251 pp. 113336
- ambient temperature; buildings; cameras; data collection; energy; humans; infrastructure; skin temperature
- ... About 40% of the energy produced globally is consumed within buildings, primarily for providing occupants with comfortable work and living spaces. However, despite the significant impacts of such energy consumption on the environment, the lack of thermal comfort among occupants is a common problem that can lead to health complications and reduced productivity. To address this problem, it is partic ...
- Vineet, R., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Transboundary and emerging diseases 2018 v.65 no.2 pp. e361
- avian influenza; biosecurity; boats; broiler chickens; commercial farms; control methods; ducks; economic impact; eggs; emerging diseases; farmers; government payments; hatcheries; humans; meat; migratory birds; monitoring; nestlings; prices; rearing; screening; stakeholders; tourism; tourists; India
- ... This study assessed the short‐run impact to poultry farmers, duck hatcheries, control costs, compensation paid to stakeholders (transfer payments) and market reactions on own and substitute product prices and backwater tourism (boat operators) due to avian influenza (AI) outbreaks in Kuttanad region of Kerala, India, during 2014. The primary data from 91 poultry farms (duck farms, broiler chicken ...
- Prabhu, Vineet R., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Science 2008 v.322 no.5902 pp. 703-709
- abortion (animals); aneuploidy; behavior disorders; chromosomes; humans; mice; neoplasms
- ... Aneuploidy, an incorrect number of chromosomes, is the leading cause of miscarriages and mental retardation in humans and is a hallmark of cancer. We examined the effects of aneuploidy on primary mouse cells by generating a series of cell lines that carry an extra copy of one of four mouse chromosomes. In all four trisomic lines, proliferation was impaired and metabolic properties were altered. Im ...
- PubMed Central: