Jump to Main Content
- Vivaldi, Federico, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Trends in analytical chemistry 2020 v.124 pp. 115781
- biomarkers; blood; medicine; saliva
- ... The continuous exchange of chemicals with blood and the non-invasive collection make saliva an interesting specimen for clinical applications, from the detection of biomarkers to the new –omic sciences in medicine. However, saliva sampling is challenging because the suitability of the collection method for the analyte of interest is either poorly investigated or, more often, not mentioned at all i ...
- Vivaldi, Federico, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Trends in analytical chemistry 2019 v.110 pp. 35-50
- biomedical research; biosensors; blood serum; cell culture; extracellular matrix; immunoassays; metalloproteinases; tissues
- ... Matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) have been proposed as markers of many pathological conditions for their ability to degrade extracellular matrix components and remodel tissues. This review presents an overview of biosensors for the measurement of MMPs in serum, sputum and cell cultures. Major benefits and limitations of these technologies are discussed with respect to zymography and immunoassays, ...