Jump to Main Content
- Vogelsang, Vanessa, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Catena 2011 v.87 no.3 pp. 376-385
- bulk density; carbon; carbonates; chronosequences; clay; marine sediments; paddies; paddy soils; particle size; plows; rice; rice soils; silt fraction; soil formation; soil management; soil organic matter; soil profiles; soil sampling; topsoil; wetlands; China
- ... Considerable amounts of soil organic matter (SOM) are stabilized in paddy soils, and thus a large proportion of the terrestrial carbon is conserved in wetland rice soils. Nonetheless, the mechanisms for stabilization of organic carbon (OC) in paddy soils are largely unknown. Based on a chronosequence derived from marine sediments, the objectives of this study are to investigate the accumulation of ...
- Vogelsang, Vanessa, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Applied and environmental microbiology 2011 v.77 no.17 pp. 6109-6116
- agricultural land; bacterial communities; denitrification; dominant genes; functional diversity; land use change; microbial biomass; nitrification; nitrite reductase; nitrogen fixation; paddy soils; rice; soil chemical properties; soil management; soil microorganisms; species diversity; wetland soils; wetlands
- ... In many areas of China, tidal wetlands have been converted into agricultural land for rice cultivation. However, the consequences of land use changes for soil microbial communities are poorly understood. Therefore, we investigated bacterial and archaeal communities involved in inorganic nitrogen turnover (nitrogen fixation, nitrification, and denitrification) based on abundances and relative speci ...
- PubMed Central: