Jump to Main Content
- Vogt, Janina C., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Geomicrobiology journal 2017 v.34 no.10 pp. 903-915
- Oscillatoriales; Pleurocapsales; RNA; Scytonema; alpha-Proteobacteria; coasts; ecotones; gamma-Proteobacteria; genotype; genotype-phenotype correlation; lighting; limestone; littoral zone; microorganisms; morphospecies; morphs; phenotype; salinity; scanning electron microscopy; sequence analysis; water supply
- ... For the first time, a combined genotype-phenotype diversity analysis of endolithic microorganisms by pyrosequencing and microscopy was carried out across the intertidal and supratidal ranges of the Adriatic limestone coast. The coastal profiles represent ecotones between the sea and land, which express gradients of water supply, solar illumination, and salinity. The use of scanning electron micros ...
- Vogt, Janina C., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Microbial ecology 2015 v.70 no.4 pp. 876-888
- Pleurocapsales; coasts; cold; deserts; ecosystems; genes; habitats; limestone; microscopy; phylogeny; ribosomal RNA; salinity; sequence homology
- ... Hardly any molecular studies have been done on euendoliths of marine coastal environments, especially along the supratidal ranges of carbonate coasts. In our study, we provide a comparative sequence analysis using 454 pyrosequencing of the 16S ribosomal RNA (rRNA) gene combined with extensive microscopy of the endolithic community from rock pools of the Croatian Adria. Molecular diversity indices ...