Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: naoki?
- Voke, Naomi, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Soil biology & biochemistry 2018 v.116 pp. 323-332
- carbon dioxide; coniferous forests; data collection; diurnal variation; ectomycorrhizae; forest soils; hyphae; methane; methane production; methanotrophs; mycelium; oxidation; regression analysis; rhizosphere; roots; soil water; temperate forests; temperature; vegetation cover
- ... Aerated soils represent an important sink for atmospheric methane (CH4), due to the effect of methanotrophic bacteria, thus mitigating current atmospheric CH4 increases. Whilst rates of CH4 oxidation have been linked to types of vegetation cover, there has been no systematic investigation of the interaction between plants and soil in relation to the strength of the soil CH4 sink. We used quasi-con ...
- Voke, Naomi R., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- journal of ecology 2011 v.99 no.1 pp. 186-193
- air temperature; carbon dioxide; carbon sequestration; environmental impact; forest soils; forests; girdling; growing season; organic matter; rhizosphere; summer; winter
- ... 1. Quantifying pathways and temporal dynamics of carbon (C) flux between plants and soil is critical to our understanding of the long‐term fate of C stored in soils. The potential priming of old organic matter decomposition by fresh C input from plants means that the impact of environmental changes on the interactions between plant C allocation and soil C storage need to be better understood. We u ...