Jump to Main Content
- Vos, Harmjan R., et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Molecular cell 2013 v.49 pp. 730-742
- cell cycle; cysteine; insulin; longevity; oxidation; physiological transport; protein-protein interactions; reactive oxygen species; stress tolerance; transcription (genetics); transcription factors
- ... Forkhead box O (FOXO; DAF-16 in worms) transcription factors, which are of vital importance in cell-cycle control, stress resistance, tumor suppression, and organismal lifespan, are largely regulated through nucleo-cytoplasmic shuttling. Insulin signaling keeps FOXO/DAF-16 cytoplasmic, and hence transcriptionally inactive. Conversely, as in loss of insulin signaling, reactive oxygen species (ROS) ...
- Vos, Harmjan, et al. Show all 69 Authors
- Science 2011 v.331 no.6017 pp. 555-561
- Daphnia pulex; biochemical pathways; environmental factors; gene duplication; gene expression; loci; multigene family; proteome
- ... We describe the draft genome of the microcrustacean Daphnia pulex, which is only 200 megabases and contains at least 30,907 genes. The high gene count is a consequence of an elevated rate of gene duplication resulting in tandem gene clusters. More than a third of Daphnia's genes have no detectable homologs in any other available proteome, and the most amplified gene families are specific to the Da ...
- PubMed Central: