Jump to Main Content
- Vyavaharkar, Medha, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of rural health 2014 v.30 no.3 pp. 275-283
- rural areas; sociodemographic characteristics; statistics; urban areas; urban population; viral load; women; South Carolina
- ... PURPOSE: To gain a better understanding of the HIV epidemic in rural South Carolina (SC) by contrasting 3 definitions of rural and urban areas. METHODS: The sample included newly diagnosed HIV cases aged ≥18 years in SC between January 1, 2005, and December 31, 2011. Each individual was assigned a rural or urban status as defined by the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), Census Bureau (CB), an ...
- Vyavaharkar, Medha, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of rural health 2012 v.28 no.3 pp. 227-234
- diabetes; hospitals; issues and policy; patients; physicians; regression analysis
- ... Purpose: We estimated the 30‐day readmission rate of Medicare beneficiaries with diabetes, across levels of rurality. Methods: We merged the 2005 Medicare Chronic Conditions 5% sample data with the 2007 Area Resource File. The study population was delimited to those with diabetes and at least 1 hospitalization in the year. Unadjusted readmission rates were estimated across levels of rurality. Mult ...