Jump to Main Content
- Waina, Rowan, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Australian mammalogy 2017 v.39 no.1 pp. 78-91
- Dasyurus; Isoodon macrourus; Petaurus breviceps; Planigale; Pseudomys; Rattus; Sminthopsis; Zyzomys; fauna; habitats; leasing; rain; small mammals; surveys; Western Australia
- ... Significant gaps in knowledge currently exist regarding the small mammal fauna of the Northern Kimberley (NOK) bioregion. Theda Station is a previously unsurveyed pastoral lease in the NOK. The aim of the current study was to determine the presence of small mammals (non-volant, <2kg) on Theda Station and to compare these findings with those recently obtained on the adjacent Doongan Station. Betwee ...
- Waina, Rowan, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Biodiversity and conservation 2016 v.25 no.9 pp. 1727-1759
- Formicidae; biogeography; cluster analysis; fauna; functional diversity; geology; grasslands; habitats; indigenous species; pitfall traps; planning; prediction; savannas; soil; species diversity; temperature; tropics; understory; woodlands; Australia
- ... Northern Australia supports the world’s largest estate of undeveloped tropical savannas, but previous studies of ant diversity in the region have covered only a fraction of its land area and habitat diversity. We assess patterns of ant species and functional diversity, their environmental predictors, and biogeographic significance in the central North Kimberley region of Australia’s seasonal tropi ...