Jump to Main Content
- Walasai, Gordhan Das, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Energy policy 2019 v.126 pp. 200-211
- coal; developing countries; electricity; emissions; energy; energy costs; greenhouse gases; models; Pakistan
- ... Pakistan, alongside other developing countries, is struggling to understand, plan and realize the energy-environment-economic nexus. In this study, we develop a national-scale bottom-up energy optimization model (Pak-TIMES) employing ANSWER-TIMES modeling framework which provides insight into this nexus for Pakistan. The reference energy system of Pak-TIMES model provides energy demand, supply, co ...
- Walasai, Gordhan Das, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Energy 2018 v.165 pp. 512-526
- carbon dioxide; coal; discount rate; electricity; energy efficiency; governance; greenhouse gas emissions; models; planning; policy analysis; power generation; renewable energy sources; Pakistan
- ... Pakistan is facing electricity crises owing to lack of integrated energy planning, reliance on imported fuels for power generation, and poor governance. This situation has challenged governments for over a decade to address these crises. However, despite various conformist planning and policy initiatives, the balance between demand and supply of electricity is yet to be achieved. In this study, Lo ...