Jump to Main Content
- Waller, Michael G., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Applied energy 2014 v.130 pp. 94-102
- air; air flow; anodes; carbon; carbon dioxide; catalysts; cost effectiveness; fuel cells; fuels; recycling; steam; synthesis gas; temperature; thermodynamic models
- ... Diesel auto-thermal reformation (ATR) with solid oxide fuel cell (SOFC) stack anode off-gas recycle (AOGR) has a reliable steam recycling supply to the reformer and improves overall system efficiency. For the lab-scale experiments, it is crucial to develop a cost-effective technique to simulate the AOGR effects on hydrocarbon catalytic reformation due to safety and cost considerations of providing ...
- Waller, Michael G., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Applied energy 2014 v.127 pp. 55-63
- combustion; electric vehicles; electricity; exergy; fuel cells; hydraulic fracturing; hydrogen; internal combustion engines; natural gas; power plants; prices; transportation; wheels
- ... Lower prices and increased supply of natural gas from hydraulic fracturing could lead to widespread use of natural gas in transportation. There are three primary ways that natural gas could be used in personal vehicles: compressed natural gas (CNG) in a combustion engine, as a source of hydrogen for a fuel cell electric vehicle (FCEV), and to generate electricity for a battery electric vehicle (BE ...