Jump to Main Content
- Wang, Li‐qing, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Comprehensive reviews in food science and food safety 2017 v.16 no.2 pp. 263-281
- analytical methods; carcinogens; cooking fats and oils; deodorization; epoxy compounds; fatty acid esters; gastrointestinal system; neoplasms; oil refining; rats; reaction mechanisms; tissues
- ... Glycidyl fatty acid esters (GEs), one of the main contaminants in processed oils, are mainly formed during the deodorization step in the refining process of edible oils and therefore occur in almost all refined edible oils. GEs are potential carcinogens, due to the fact that they readily hydrolyze into the free form glycidol in the gastrointestinal tract, which has been found to induce tumors in v ...
- Wang, Li-Qing, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of functional foods 2017 v.31 pp. 229-236
- Nicandra; Parkinson disease; amides; apoptosis; autophagy; biochemical pathways; drugs; ethyl acetate; fruits; functional foods; humans; ingredients; memory disorders; protective effect; seeds; spectral analysis; traditional medicine; China
- ... Nicandra physaloides is a traditional folk medicine in China, and its seeds are used to make jelly. Phytochemical investigation of the active ethyl acetate (EtOAc) extract of its fruits led to the isolation and identification of two new phenolic amides, (7R,8S)-7-(4-hydroxy-3,5-dimethoxyphenyl)-8-hydroxymethyl-1′-[N-7″-(4″-hydrxyphenyl)ethyl]carbamoylethenyl-3′-methoxybenzodihydrofuran (1) and cis ...