Jump to Main Content
- Wang, Panxin, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Water research 2019 v.159 pp. 454-463
- X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy; adsorption; bismuth; calcium; calcium nitrate; cations; coagulation; fulvic acids; light scattering; manganese oxides; nanoparticles; neutralization; oxidation; remediation; rivers; sodium nitrate; sulfites; water treatment; zeta potential
- ... Aqueous aggregation kinetics of manganese oxides, the solid products formed during water treatment and subsurface remediation with permanganate, are crucial for its application. In this study, manganese oxides nanoparticles were in situ formed in a permanganate/(bi)sulfite system, which was found to have excellent oxidation ability. Aggregation kinetics of such manganese oxides (i.e., MnOx-1.5, Mn ...
- Wang, Panxin, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Chemosphere 2019 v.217 pp. 402-410
- bisphenol S; hydroxylation; iodides; kinetics; manganese; oxidation; pH; toxicity
- ... Recent studies have reported that permanganate (Mn(VII)) shows a good performance in treatment of phenolic compounds, and the presence of iodide (I−) may display a great impact on Mn(VII) oxidation with the formation of toxic iodinated aromatic products. In this work, transformation of bisphenol AF (BPAF) and bisphenol S (BPS) by Mn(VII) in the absence or presence of I− was studied. Mn(VII) showed ...