Jump to Main Content
« Previous |
1 - 20 of 22
- Ward, D.L., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- American journal of veterinary research 2006 v.67 no.4 pp. 599-603
- dogs; aspirin; nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory agents; triiodothyronine; thyrotropin; adverse effects; serum albumin; globulins; veterinary medicine
- ... Objective-To evaluate the effects of deracoxib and aspirin on serum concentrations of thyroxine (T4), 3,5,3'-triiodothyronine (T3), free thyroxine (fT4), and thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH) in healthy dogs. Animals-24 dogs. Procedure-Dogs were allocated to 1 of 3 groups of 8 dogs each. Dogs received the vehicle used for deracoxib tablets (PO, q 8 h; placebo), aspirin (23 to 25 mg/kg, PO, q 8 h), ...
- Ward, D.L., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Research in veterinary science 2003 v.74 no.2 pp. 179-182
- alkaline phosphatase; blood serum; clinical examination; cortisol; creatinine; dog diseases; dogs; hyperadrenocorticism; models; placebos; specific gravity; urinalysis; urinary tract diseases; urine
- ... Objectives of this study were to determine occurrence of urinary tract infection and describe results of urine analysis and urine culture in dogs with experimentally induced hyperadrenocorticism. Dogs were randomly assigned to receive either hydrocortisone (nine dogs) or placebo (eight dogs) for 49 consecutive days. Before and on day 49 of treatment, evaluation of dogs included physical examinatio ...