Jump to Main Content
- Warsta, Elina, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Holzforschung 2016 v.70 no.7 pp. 603-609
- Pinus sylvestris; anthraquinones; cellulose; delignification; depolymerization; hemicellulose; lignin; pH; pulp; pulping; sodium carbonate; sodium hydroxide; sodium sulfite; softwood; sulfonic acid; temperature; viscosity
- ... Sodium sulphite pulping of Scots pine chips in the initial pH range of 7.5–9 was investigated at 180°C and 165°C (for 120–240 min), using chemical charges between 25 and 50% and anthraquinone (AQ) charges 0–0.2%. As a result, pulps with yields of 52–73% and kappa numbers of 35–106 were produced. Delignification was accelerated by higher Na₂SO₃ charges and temperatures, and by AQ addition, whereas ...
- Warsta, Elina, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Tree physiology 2008 v.28 no.5 pp. 805
- forest trees; plant response; Populus tremuloides; Betula papyrifera; elevated atmospheric gases; carbon dioxide; ozone; greenhouse gases; wood chemistry; tree growth; uronic acids; plant extracts; lignin; cell walls; carbohydrates; stemwood; climate change; wood anatomy
- ... We investigated the interactive effects of elevated concentrations of carbon dioxide ([CO2]) and ozone ([O3]) on radial growth, wood chemistry and structure of five 5-year-old trembling aspen (Populus tremuloides Michx.) clones and the wood chemistry of paper birch (Betula papyrifera Marsh.). Material for the study was collected from the Aspen FACE (free-air CO2 enrichment) experiment in Rhineland ...