Jump to Main Content
- Watahiki, Kaede, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Colloids and surfaces 2019 v.575 pp. 27-41
- additives; carbon; gelation; gels; hydrogen bonding; moieties; nanofibers; optical isomerism; physical properties; solvents
- ... The effect of the solvent gelation ability of three leaf-like triamide derivatives, having three 12-hydroxystearyl or octadecyl chains, as thixotropic-induced additives was investigated. Furthermore, the clarification of origin of the physical properties of these compounds was carried out by monolayer investigation on the water surface. The solvent gels formed by the addition of these triamide com ...
- Watahiki, Kaede, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Langmuir 2018 v.34 no.40 pp. 11913-11924
- 1,6-hexanediamine; carbon; circular dichroism spectroscopy; gelation; hydrocarbons; hydrogen bonding; nanofibers; optical isomerism; solvents; surfactants
- ... The spontaneous growth of helical fibers of amphiphilic diamide derivatives containing hydrocarbons with asymmetric carbon centers in their constituent hydrocarbons was investigated. 12-Hydroxystearic acid and a gemini-type surfactant obtained by the bimolecular condensation of this compound with hexamethylenediamine both impart thixotropic ability to a solvent. Although this thixotropic behavior ...