Jump to Main Content
- Watts, Beatriz Amanda, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Environmental pollution 2019 v.249 pp. 491-501
- Achillea millefolium; Hypericum perforatum; Phleum pratense; Teucrium; Thymus kotschyanus; bioaccumulation factor; clay; copper; cost effectiveness; ecosystems; human health; laboratory experimentation; mining; organic matter; phytoremediation; polluted soils; roots; shoots; soil pollution; wild plants; Armenia
- ... Nowadays the pollution of soil by trace metals from the mining industry is one of the biggest threats to ecosystems and human health. In this study, sixteen native wild plant species growing in Cu contaminated soils of mining region in Armenia were investigated to reveal their phytoremediation potential for restoration of soils in this area. During the investigation soil main characteristics affec ...
- Watts, Beatriz Amanda, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Environmental pollution 2019 v.249 pp. 1029-1037
- Chrysopogon zizanioides; Cymbopogon citratus; Cymbopogon winterianus; absorption; aerial parts; biomass production; composts; environmental degradation; environmental factors; grasses; income; iron; manganese; mine tailings; minerals; mycorrhizae; organic matter; polypropylenes; roots; seedlings; topsoil; toxic substances; toxicity; Brazil
- ... In 2015, the Fundão tailing dam collapsed over the district of Bento Rodrigues (Mariana, Minas Gerais, Brazil) causing deaths, hundreds of homeless families and incalculable environmental degradation. Environmentally, economically and socially sustainable strategies are needed for the recovery of the affected areas. The main goal of this study was to evaluate the development, biomass production an ...